Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Advent Calendar 1/25

I wanted to wear my Christmas sweater today that read "Light it up," but I was sick so yeah, that didn't happen. Tomorrow I guess. Remember how well I did at writing once a week? How long do you think I can keep up one a day until Christmas?

This is my favorite time of year, there is something so wonderfully plain and simple about it. I love giving gifts and telling people I love them and peppermint and I love Christmas music and I love Christmas specials on TV. It's the one time of the year that I like John Lennon and Bob Dylan and also loathe Paul McCartney (Just a little, I'm sorry.)

I like the feeling of magic in the air, there is a little bit of a less of a need to be dark and serious and uptight, you can enjoy the time of the year and just let it be magical. I also hate the idea of the movie Krampus, like why do we have to make Christmas depressing and scary? Like screw you.

As this Advent Calendar goes on I'll make some lists of my favorite Christmas songs, specials, and movies. But not today.

I think it's really important to make people understand that you love them, and I think that's a pretty big theme of the blog, or at least I hope it is. That's something I love about the season, the idea is that it's a really big time of love and acceptance. Is it? No, probably not, but do I want it to be? More than anything. My family and I get together, we play reindeer games, we eat cookies and fudge, we do scratch off, we eat pizza, it's magical.

I really liked the new movie "The Night Before" because it managed to be an adult comedy without sacrificing the spirit of the season. It's presenting a possibly childish idea in an adult friendly package, and I think that's really wonderful. I also saw "Love the Coopers" which truthfully I liked more than I thought I would, even though it has a 22% on Rotten tomatoes, I liked the idea that it pitched, the feeling of family, I love John Goodman, and Diane Keaton was good, even if she is a poor man's Maryl Streep. So it was a cheesy holiday movie with a predictable plot, that didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. Maybe I just have no taste, but water doens't either and you need that to live, so take that. Plus it's Christmas, there is only so many ways to convey the same idea. So I'll take weird talking dog Steve Martin, and Anthony Mackie playing a 40 year old even though he's like 12.

I really want to make peace this season, so if anyone hates me, I'm sorry for whatever I did. And for those of you whom I am mad at, I forgive you.

Maybe this blog will get really cheesy the next 25 days, who cares? It's the spirit of the season.

Happy Holidays!

1 down, 24 to go.

Love,

Bailey S(anta) Fox

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment