Sunday, December 20, 2015

Advent Calendar 20/25

So yesterday the blog broke 10,000 views.

Actually last I checked it's at 10,546 right now, which means this year has gotten almost triple the views this year than last year. I can't thank you enough, you guys are the most supportive and loving audience I could have asked for.

But why do I do it?

The blog brings me no money, and it takes away from time that I could have spent writing a script or doing school work.

I do it because I love it, and people read it. Yesterday's post got over 500 views, people really felt what I had to say about Han Solo. And People read the posts where I'm really get into it and deconstruct myself and break down the breakdowns and I get into the nitty gritty of the existential crisis of adolescence. And I do it because it helps people, and people thank me for it, And it helps me. It's made me a much better writer, I think it's hard to be a good writer and write good characters if you don't understand how people work, and this blog has helped me understand how I work and in turn how others work. And it's helped me write better characters, I think it's made me a better person. I'm here expressing myself on a public forum and it's made me less self conscious how I feel, and I think that's important. As a writer and an actor.

And even with this god forsaken advent calendar, daily writing is such a good thing for me. I think in someway or another I'll keep up daily writing. And I promise here now, that I will on a weekly basis.

God speed you beautiful people, thank you so much.

Happy Holidays,

Love,

Bailey S. Fox 

No comments:

Post a Comment