Thursday, November 26, 2015

Giving Thanks

I hope I can come up with a better post title than 'Giving Thanks' by the time I post this, because that is so cliche and everyone uses it but I don't really know yet, I just woke up and felt the urge to blog. I'm sitting here in my pajamas at 9:30 on the morning of my least favorite holiday as my brother feels the primal need to dribble a basketball in his room next door.

I've never been a huge thanksgiving fan, I can't quite figure out why, maybe it's because turkey tastes like sadness. I never know what to say to my family, and I know they read this, so hey guys, what's up? Love you, can't wait to see you! Anyway, I just never got Thanksgiving. On the other hand I really friggin love Christmas, like so much. Anyway, I just feel like Thanksgiving is like "Let's pretend that we didn't commit a large scale genocide on the Native Americans Day." I just don't love it that much, ah well.

On that note, I have a lot I'm thankful for, so much. So many people in my life that I won't take the time spelling it out, you know who you are and I hope I express often enough how thankful for you I truly am. All of you, I wouldn't have all that I have if it hadn't been for you.

I had so many more ideas on what to write and suddenly I'm drawing a blank. Damn.

Oh yeah, a little less than a week ago I went to see one of my favorite bands, Guster live at the state theater. I was dead center in the stage and screamed so loudly I caught the attention of the lead singer, Ryan who then sang directly to me, hand on my shoulder and all. All I could do was stand there in pure excitement. In the seconds between singing he'd make faces at me to try and get me to crack but I stood there feeling more excitement than I knew possible. Another fan took a picture and found me on Twitter the next morning and sent it to me.

Making those 12 hours the most amazing and surreal hours of my life.

One things I've tried to cultivate in my life is this sense of like "how in the hell did he do that?" Like a sense of enigma, where people are unsure of what I'm going to do next. Or where I'll be, I want to be larger than life. I want to do and see as much as I can. I don't know how successful I am. It's probably really douchey that I want people to be in awe of me but it's whatever, I love who I am.

It's now almost 10. I swear I had more to write about. Damn it.

I want to talk a little bit more about what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my life, and all that I get to do, see, and experience. I'm thankful that people pay money to see me perform. I'm thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful for the fact that people read what I write. I'm thankful for all the love and support the people in my life give me. I can't really ever thank anyone enough. I know I'm a handful sometimes but I just hope people know how much I love them.

I'm currently fighting with a friend I think. I know that I didn't text her back a few weeks ago and now she hasn't text me back. And I think it's really weird to talk about this but I think I will anyway. Actually I won't it's too weird and personal to talk about on the blog, so I'll just say this. I'm sorry we're fighting. I hope things are going well for you. I'm here whenever.

So Hamilton the musical is the greatest thing ever. Buzzfeed said I was Hamilton and that made me the happiest ever. People give buzzfeed a lot of shit but it's starting to grow on me. anyway, it made me really happy that I got Hamilton because I deeply empathize with the character. He yearns for more, for greatness. He loves his friends. He earns his greatness through his work and intelligence. He fought through hell and back to get what he had, and that's amazing to me.

Anyway, I think I should start wrapping this up, but Happy Thanksgiving, guys. Go sportsball, love your families, tip your waitresses. I love you all. <3

-Bailey S. Fox

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog. I think it's very well written and has a nice balance between personal and general. You are a great writer and blogger, as I've discovered (from personal experience) that blogging is very hard to do. However your blog is everything I think a blog should be: comedic, relatable, deep at times, makes people think, and intriguing to read. I'm not sure if this is something you needed to hear or just another comment, but I just felt like letting you know that I think your blog is amazing beans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im very proud and happy for you .I knowwe don't talk much anymore but you were the best guy I talked to thanks for being my knight -j

    ReplyDelete