Saturday, April 12, 2014

Writer's Block and Other Creative Geometry

So after writing my post about my emotional short-comings and watching it grow in views and people's responses to what I said, it filled me with this overwhelming feeling of pride, humbleness, excitement and the desire to tell every person alive. It was an incredible feeling to have people connect emotionally to my rants.
Humblebrag
This blog is basically just my therapy. I write into the digital void and hope to make other people feel. So with the knowledge that I did it once before I set out to do it again.

This was about a week and a half ago.

I hated what I was writing, I didn't get that feeling of pride I usually get when I write something.

So I didn't post.

Earlier this week I went out so write another post, a new one.

The same result.

The jokes felt so forced and bad. None of the words were flowing.

It was like pulling teeth and trying to sell them.

So I didn't post that and I posted a short story I wrote a month ago instead. (Shameless plug)

After much internal reflection I came to the conclusion that I had writer's block.

So after much thought I called up my grandparents and made arrangements to run off and go there to try and re-ignite my creative flame.
A whole 56.2 miles!

But I have a plan, this isn't going to be a half assed attempt. I have a list of things I'm going to do.

  • Write daily blog posts about my exploits
  • Film everything I'm doing in hopes a story appears somewhere and I can make a pseudo-doccumentary
  • Watch a bunch of tv and movies
  • Read
  • Interview my grandparents
  • interview random strangers
  • Interview friends
And that's kinda the plan, I'm really hoping for the best here. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Regards,
Bailey S. Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment