Saturday, April 18, 2015

Who is Bailey S. Fox?

First off his real, my real name, is Bailey Fox Olmstead, but I've always felt Bailey S. Fox sounded more writer-y.

I've probably been a lousy writer as of late, rarely delving into writing a work of fiction and sticking to mostly satirical Facebook posts and the spirratic blog posting. And while I have several projects in pre-pre-production, I want everyone to know my love for writing is still burning. And while I'm still fresh off of two shows, exercising my love of acting and my supposed hatred of playing an American 17 year old, I've been doing a lot of self reflection.

Who is Bailey Olmstead?

Well, I suppose it depends on who you ask, if you're asking me it depends on when you ask. I'm hesitant to fully talk about myself in such a way, for a while my self loathing defined me, I was always ready with some self-deprecating jokes and bitterness and a weird neediness for others love, as I've learned to love myself that has lost its hold on a defining characteristic. A lot of people would go with vain or egotistical and I wholeheartedly endorse those labels, because I don't see them as bad, or negative. The radical swing I have made from self loathing into full blown narcissism, vanity, and ego has been a blissful one, because I find much more satisfaction in people liking my selfies than a status in where I complain about how lonely I am.

Sometimes I say I'm a writer and an actor, but seeing as I have never been paid for either of those occupations, I'm hesitant in defining myself by them. And the fact that I haven't been paid for them worries me, I plan on making a living off of writing and acting and the fact that I haven't begun to figure that out now seems like a foreboding prospect. (All people looking to hire me please contact me in the comments or by email at bailey.f98@gmail.com)

Angst and general rebellion seem to be a defining characteristic of the Olmstead family, manifesting itself in a numerous amount of ways, we all seem to be stuck in the mindset of wearing a leather jacket to piss off our vegan parents, or wearing a pleather jacket to piss off my "hardcore" father if you're in my situation. I'd say I'm a fairly angst filled person, but not necessarily pessimistic, I'm idealistic and optimistic yet full of a bizarre angst, it's an interesting juxtaposition.

Depending on who you ask people's opinions of my maturity change, some think I'm mature beyond my years or have the maturity capacity of a 3 year old. I enjoy nerf guns and cartoons and I'm wearing a Guardians of the galaxy t-shirt and an hour ago I built a race car with legos. And sometimes people take my sarcastic, somewhat bombastic nature as a sign of a lack of maturity, my excitement for toys and my love of things akin does not mean I am of little maturity. And while my impending venture into the so called "real world" fills me with dread and anxiety, I believe I am mature enough and more than ready to handle it.

I'm not going to spend this whole time writing paragraphs about small fixtures of who I am, because now I'm going to get to the point. I am many things I'm kind of a dick but also a really nice and outgoing guy. I'm introverted but I love people and performing and endless attention. I'm mature yet I will fight you with a foam sword. I'm starting to sound like a god damned tumblr post, the whole point is that I am many things, I am some sort of hodgepodge conglomeration of contradictions in a devilishly handsome 17 year old's body. And that's okay. I'm vain and narcissistic and egotistical but I love other people and I want others to be happy and I want to make others happy. I genuinely believe I am a good person, despite my grouchy attitude and "serial dating" I believe a great many things, and I believe I, Bailey S. Fox, 17 year old, writer, actor, narcissist, adventurer, rejector of gender roles and idolizer of Indiana Jones and Han Solo, trouble maker, teacher, student, adult, child, best and worst person you will ever meet, I believe I am a good person. I am a lot of things, and I love all of those things, I am a knight in shining armor who will slay the dragon and save the princess. I love and I joke and I run around and I adventure and I take people along for the ride and I leave people behind and I am an eloquent speaker and also terrible at talking to people, I am a charming young man and a horribly awkward mess. I love me, I love you, I love life and I'm god damned excited to be here.

Love,

Bailey S. Fox

1 comment:

  1. I think you're. an amazing and a wonderful guy

    ReplyDelete