Saturday, December 6, 2014

I Gotta Feeling 21 is Gonna Be a Good Year

So, 2014 is almost done, thank god. It seems everyone I've talked to is ready for this year to be over. Not to say that this year was all for nothing, I started this blog which at the time I'm writing has over 3,600 views and that is absolutely nuts and I'm so overwhelmingly arrogant and humbled by and about that it's crazy. I love you all, thank you.

But back to the subject of the year ending. It's a really crazy thing that we just assume because we start a new year everything is going to change. That the difference between 11:59 on December 31st, 2014 and 12:00 January 1st, 2015 will make some kind of huge, monumental difference, that this year will be the year I get my life together. But there's no guarantee, there is nothing saying that 2015 has to be any better than 2014. But, every part of my being wants to believe that it will be, it has the potential to be. Maybe I'll get the girl in 2015, maybe I'll be happy with the way I look, maybe I'll get in shape, maybe I'll watch the final 3 episodes of Chuck, maybe I'll get the lead in the school show. New Years is this time of year where you can be ironically optimistic about the future and what it holds. We hold these huge celebrations honoring a date on a calendar, when some person arbitrarily said that this, this is when the year starts and ends. And it's wonderful, I really do believe that 2015 has this huge amount of potential to be a really amazing year, I mean Star Wars Episode VII and Avengers 2 alone make me excited.

New Years is a time to get together with people you love and celebrate and be hopeful. It's a time to tell those you love how much they mean to you. It's a time for change. Where we drop millions of pound of confetti with people's wishes literally written on them on a crowd after dropping a huge ball from the top of a sky scraper.

So as the month goes on remember this.

Happy Holidays, Thank you all, for everything.
<3

Bailey S. Fox

(Copyright Bailey Olmstead 2014)

2 comments:

  1. Thats very true and amazing and maybe you should chase after that girl and see what happens

    ReplyDelete