Monday, July 7, 2014

Square Watermelons and Elf Dentists

Jesus, that last post got really... real. So let's get back to my heavily opinionated joke filled world with one post I've been waiting to write.

So what the hell is a square watermelon?






That is a square watermelon.

Now the whole point for this blog requires some backstory.

I've always kinda had the standard teenage writer persona. At least in my head I have. The tortured creator. A little rough around the edges. I mean, if you look back at my blog posts you can see why. I seem to push people away and whatnot. Due to my alienating personality or lack of skill with my emotions or whatever.

But then one night... morning... it was late. I was in a hot tub with some friends and we were all talking about our feelings and such. My seeming lack of skill with girls and people in general came up rather quickly. One of my friends mentioned how it was weird because of how fast I can make friends and how many people I knew. 

And then I had a moment.

I had an epiphany.

There is nothing wrong with me.

I'm just different.

And that's okay.

I'm a square watermelon in a world mainly of round ones. 

There's nothing wrong with square ones. It's still a watermelon. It was just grown different. And while square watermelons can't roll round ones can't stack. I shouldn't feel bad because of the way other people can do things and I can't. Because there's nothing wrong with the way I do things. I just do them differently.

I'm Herbie the elf. I want to be dentist in a world of toy makers.

I'm the train with square wheels.
I really like this movie, okay?


And that's okay.

There's nothing wrong with being different. And just because you're different doesn't mean you can't exist among others. Because even round water melons have their differences. Some are bigger some are more oblong or more round and that's okay.



And I'm not some kind of lonely square watermelon. I'm now surrounded by people I love and who love me. I couldn't be happier. and some of the people I love the most are square watermelons too. And some of them are round ones. o And that's fine. No matter what you think you are or classify yourself as it's all okay. A group mixed group of people can get together and be friends that inspire millions. Some people might label them as "misfits".

#SisSeasonsAndAMovie
I'm sensing a pattern
So yes. Misfits, round and square watermelons. Elves, baseball, community college, and hot tubs.

It's okay to be different, different does not make you broken. You just have to find your way of doing things. And then things will be all good.



I love you all. Dearly. I really do <3

-Bailey s. Fox

House cleaning!

I have a soundcloud where I randomly release songs:

https://soundcloud.com/bailey-olmstead

Also I have a tumblr:

Bailey-mcfly

<3
 


1 comment: