Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lost Plot Threads and An Emotional Examination of Andy's Hole

"Bailey if you constantly update your blog no one will care anymore. You're flooding the market of whiny teenage boy bloggers"
-someone probably

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room outside the hellscape that is Phillidephia drinking lukewarm ginger ale.  Everyone else is awake now, I was the first one up. I don't sleep much now a days. I had dinner at one in the morning, it was a lousy single serve microwave pizza I payed six god damn dollars for.

Philly is such an unfriendly city, I'm not sure what else to say about it. We came down to see my buddy Erik's favorite band Sun Kil Moon play, it was a three hour long show, standing room only. My body hurts. Luckily we head out soon, I'm on my way to the first rehearsal to the show "Crazy for You." Erik is on his way to five star urgent care, he has developed hives.

I'm not sure this post has any specific point except I felt like writing.

In addition to a bible they have the book of Mormon here, thats kinda interesting to me.

Last night was was the first of 5 live shows I'll see in the next two months so that's pretty exciting. In addition to starting work on crazy for you I also shortly (knock on wood) start work on the Glass Menagerie, the already post-poned production.

I really hate anti-phone people.

Like, I love meeting people but without my phone I'd be miserable, it keeps my company when I'm waiting for the bus or bored or what have you. I'd be so lonely without the world my phone grants me access to.

I wonder if I'm ever going to get to my point on here.

Do I even have a point?

I am at this point in my life where I kind of need to find a new direction because the oath I was on kinda got me into this emotional mess, I seem to have lost the plot.

I guess I should write a new one.

I've gotten a lot of interaction on Tinder here in Philly though, more than anywhere else I have been.

Yes I have a Tinder.

It's one of those things I know in the future will be embarrassing but the fact that I'm leaving in 8 months and won't have to live with the embarrassment here is a help. And also in this time of lost plotless wandering its nice to allow myself to indulge in this. Maybe something cool will come out of it.

Probably not, but maybe.

Maybe.

My friend said something really profound that I will paraphrase here:

"I've only seen like the first seasonish of parks and rec, and right now Andy is living in a hole outside his ex girlfriend's house, and that's where I am now. Right now I'm obsessed with a guy who isn't right for me and that's okay, people do that, but someday I'll meet my avril. What? Her name is April? I told you I've only seen some of it, anyway. Soon I'll meet the person that makes all the time I wasted on other people okay because that time made me into the person I am that can be with the April of my life. So I will live in that hole, and some day I will climb out, but this is where I am. I'll work to get myself out, but I don't think there is shame in being in the hole."

And I guess that's where I am now. Though I'm not obsessed with anyone right now. I'm just in an emotional hole, and someday I'll climb out.

Thanks for reading
<3

Bailey S. Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment